Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

My Digiscrap Journey: Then and Now


Three years ago, I made my first ever digital scrapbook.

I was trying to capture the moment when my little daughter crawled over a dish ;) and was too tempted to make it digital, so I could share it with friends in my Facebook.

Not so familiar with scrapbooking, but I'd been an inhouse graphic designer for years, making digital banner, designing web, company profile, etc, so the process of making it is not something new. So, it was pretty easy for me since I've befriended Photoshop over the years. The only challenge in digital scrapbooking is how to make this digital thingy look realistic, not just graphic.

I put digiscrap on a long rest when I was pregnant with my baby#3 and was too busy (and exhausted) to steal some times to sit in front of the PC. I wish I could digiscrap from my iPhone. :)

Lately, again, I was tempted to do better. I know actually I can design my own kits, but, oh, with a baby in the house, I can't be too hard on myself.  I need to be productive. So, I challenged myself to apply Creative Team position for one or two digiscrap designers. I found quite a lot calls, but yeah, again, I need to be focus and realistic.

Robin Sampson was the first to respond. She is a homeschool mom and author. She designed a teaching method Heart of Wisdom for homeschool families, which is a combination of teaching methods, like Charlotte Mason’s, Ruth Beechick’s, David Mulligan’s, and so on. Click here to read more about her.

Robin sent me a greenish kit named Green Valley to start with. And here is the LO:

I made my own alpha, to make it more personal, more Devi-ish.
 


Thank you for reading.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you combine pattern and colors. Real eye-candies!

    ReplyDelete